Sunday, November 18, 2012

Searching Inward

I'm not the good guy. As much as I may want to think so, I'm not. Lets be honest, with all my flaws and defects, I would be a pretty lame good guy. I would feel bad for the damsel in distress or the people I was supposed to save if I was the good guy. They would be screwed. And my story would be the lamest story ever.

I need to be better. I am the problem. I need to hold myself accountable. I am the only one to blame. I need to buck up, hold on to my panties, and be better. I need to be the good guy. The person I am now is not helping others be the best they can be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not handing little kids drugs and telling them to go ruin their lives but I need to be better.

I need to stop being selfish. I need to let go of my pride. I need to stand up for what is right. I need to build and uplift others. I need to love unconditionally. I need to choose to be happy.

Someday I'll be the good guy. Someday I will be the man God made me to be. I know that I can change. Am I brave enough to choose to do so?

Lord help me become the man I was made to be.

Give me strength to overthrow myself.

To break through the storm.

Let me never look back.

Someday, I will be the good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment