Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm Different and I'm Happy

Sometimes I surprise myself with how different my brain operates compared to other people. Just today, my good friend Nathan Kenneth Back needed some help teaching a lesson that was thrown on him last second. I was excited to help because.......actually......why was I excited to teach a lesson? Oh well. When we were preparing the lesson, he took a totally different view on it then I had even thought of. It was wrong, it was just wasn't a strategy I had ever viewed on the subject. I gave my 2 cents and with some discussion, we were off. When it came time to my time to talk about the lesson a little bit, I was stunned with how many people felt like what I was saying was so foreign. It was weird. I've come to realize that I focus a lot on people. I just feel like we are ultimately going to be judged on how we treat others so I want to be the best I can be to people. With the people I have been around lately, they are totally opposite. They are very focused on things they can do themselves. They debate on details and the point of perfection in themselves.   Personally, I know I'm not perfect, and that I'm never going to be perfect so I'll try my best but not worry about being perfect just focus on improving.

I am happy with who I am. I like being different. I think that differences and confidence in those differences, really make people beautiful. I'm excited for these new things in my life coming up. I am excited for new experiences and new lessons I can learn.

You know, I really like this girl. Well, there has always been a little something there but I really like her. She makes me a better person while still allowing me to be myself. I can talk to her. I don't really open up to anyone so this is a big deal for me. She makes me happy. Genuinely happy.

Oh and go check out these guys, they are incredible. They are called playing for change. Go look them up on youtube. I've been inspired by these guys.

America. Jesus. Freedom.  (I'll be surprised if anyone gets that)

No comments:

Post a Comment