Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Inspiration

A few days ago I was watching my favorite TV show, How Met Your Mother. The episode was about people you would put in your "pit". This means that if you had a pit in your basement to torture someone, who would you put in that pit? One was a professor who told the main character he would never be an architect and blew him off, others were just people who bugged them. As the story went on, they realized that the hate they had for that particular person was really putting themselves in the pit. Because of these feelings they had for others, they were being tortured and held back from progressing. This really hit me. I'm not even sure why. There were specific relationships in my life that came to my mind that didn't even really relate, but it hit me hard. I realized that I was the person holding me back. I was the problem. How often am I the problem? And more importantly, how do I get out of there? Later on in the episode, they realize that you are the only one who can let yourself out of the pit. It's amazing how simple frivolous things can really have an impact on you. This really made me step back and evaluate my situation. Could I really free myself from some of these things? The answer is yes. How do I know? I let myself out. And you know what? It feels amazing.

Merry Christmas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment