Monday, May 13, 2013

The Human Condition

 "The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and to be loved in return."
Every human just wants to feel love. Every human just wants to be noticed for who they are. Every human just wants to feel needed and valued. This is what everything boils down to, isn't it?
As a missionary, this is what I view as my biggest role. The greatest thing I will ever do out there is just to LOVE. That is all God is about right? God loves us so much that he gave us His only begotten son. Christ loves us so much that he made it possible for us to obtain true everlasting happiness. No one is insignificant in the sight of God. Christ spent his time among the sinners and the social outcasts, not the so called "righteous" of society or the great and mighty. Then why do we put such a value on this? Why are we so quick to judge and speak ill of others? Why can't we be the one to just love others? Love bring actual value into life. We define ourselves by the things we love right?

The challenge I have given myself is to forget about myself and just love. As I will do that, my needs are taken care of. Kind of weird isn't it? We our promised that our needs are taken care of when we forget about them and take others burdens and make them light. That logically makes no sense at all. But it is true. I know it without a doubt.

Simplicity is so beautiful. Just love.

No comments:

Post a Comment